Run A Route With A New Direction Run A Route With A New Direction
LOWEST TOTAL COST-OF-OWNERSHIP
Conventional fuels deliver conventional results: volatile fuel prices, complicated maintenance, and higher emissions rates. With propane autogas, your fleet saves money in three key areas.
- Superior performance for each dollar invested.
- Shorten your R.O.I. with incentives (when available).
- View available incentives at propane.com.
- No DEF to purchase, store, and change.
- No diesel particulate filters to clean.
- Excessive idling typically increases downtime for today’s diesel engines.
AFFORDABLE INFRASTRUCTURE & EASY REFUELING
Your propane provider will help you decide which option is best for your fleet. Whichever option you choose, you can be sure propane autogas refueling is easy, quick, and safe.
Fuel is delivered straight to you by your local supplier.
STANDARD PRIVATE STATION (Fewer Than 50 Vehicles)
- $1,500 – $15,000 if propane supplier owns infrastructure.
- $20,000 – $60,000 if fleet owns infrastructure.
ADVANCED PRIVATE STATION (More Than 50 Vehicles)
- $5,000 – $75,000 if propane supplier owns infrastructure.
- $60,000 – $225,000 if fleet owns infrastructure.
- +$5,000 – $75,000 for site preparation.
Accessible 24/7 through a card lock system.
MOBILE & TEMPORARY
For fleets that don’t have infrastructure investment plans yet.
It’s more than just a feel-good benefit, and propane autogas can get you there. Diesel claims to be clean operating, but only with the help of costly emissions technology. Your fleet can make a measurable impact on harmful emissions like NOx, greenhouse gases, and SOx by using propane autogas — all without going over budget.
Propane autogas produces :
- 5% fewer NOx emissions than gasoline
- 36% fewer NOx emissions than diesel
- 12% fewer GHG emissions than gasoline
- 37% fewer SOx emissions than gasoline
Propane autogas produces :
- 4% fewer NOx emissions than diesel
- 12% fewer GHG emissions than diesel
Emissions data from 2016-2017 Gas Technology Institute study. Assumed annual mileage: 11,400. Fuel economies based on 2016 AFLEET data.
RENEWABLE PROPANE INNOVATIONS
There are significant environmental benefits to be gained from renewable propane. It’s most commonly produced as a co-product of renewable diesel production or from renewable liquid fuels from animal fats. This fuel offers the same clean, efficient, reliable performance as conventional propane, with about half the carbon intensity value. EPA Renewable Fuel Standards (RFS) also include renewable propane pathways.
SEE WHAT YOU HAVE TO LOSE (WITH EMISSIONS)
Propane autogas significantly reduces NOx emissions. In real-world testing conducted by the WVU, propane buses cut emissions by 96 percent compared with clean diesel buses.
- Replace all older than model year-2007 diesel buses with new propane autogas buses: reduce NOx emissions more than 96 percent.
- Purchase a modern propane autogas bus instead of a modern, ultra-low sulfur diesel bus of the same vehicle make: reduce NOx emissions up to 96 percent.
- 173,000+ propane autogas vehicles on the road today, including light-duty vehicles like police cruisers, and medium-duty vehicles like vans and shuttles. Propane autogas is also the most widely used alternative fuel for school buses.
- EPA- and CARB-certified.
- No compromise in horsepower, torque, or towing capacity.
LEADING SUPPLIERS FOR DEDICATED AND CONVERTED VEHICLES
Many of the manufacturers you already know also offer propane autogas-powered vehicles. You can select from OEM offerings, or choose a partner to complete conversions on your fleet.
SUPPORTING JOBS AT HOME
Nearly 90% of propane supplies are produced in the U.S.