Weather Safety Outreach
Mother Nature can unleash her fury in just a few devastating moments. By taking a few simple propane-related safety precautions, your customers can reduce the potential for property loss and personal injury. PERC has prepared a host of weather safety resources to share with customers to keep their families safe before, during, and after a destructive storm.
Marketers can get all of these weather safety tips, flyers, and videos from the Propane and Weather Safety page on propane.com. The webpage contains resources for hurricanes, wildfires, floods, tornadoes, and winter storms with links to additional resources in the Resource Catalog.
- Extreme Heat
- Power Outages
- Winter Storms
Learning Center Resources for Workforce Training
Log in to the Propane Learning Center.
The Propane Learning Center on propane.com, provides central access to all online propane industry educational materials. The online training offerings are designed to enable employees to learn at their own pace while improving comprehension of materials. Users can access all training, certification, records, tests, and skill evaluations from their desktop computer, laptop, cellphone or tablet.
- Propane Sales Training: Presented in two levels – for marketers who are new to the industry or new to marketing in the industry, and for those already experienced in marketing and sales. The curriculum includes videos, webinars, games, and more to accommodate a variety of learning styles.
- Certified Employee Training Program (CETP): Training and certification available to marketers in smaller, customizable lessons designed to fit specific job tasks.
- Workforce Safety Training (Non-CETP): The Learning Center offers a dozen segments of OSHA and DOT training. They include: Overview, hazardous communications requirements, hazmat general awareness, emergency planning, loading and unloading bobtails, transports and rail cars, commercial motor vehicle driver requirements, driving defensively, vehicle inspection, cylinder safety, materials of trade, security and hazardous materials.
The Learning Center enables users to choose the courses and learning paths they want to take. Or, employers and state associations can customize and assign specific training and testing and track employee/member progress. The system also keeps records of all work done by users. Records for individual companies are not shared and are kept confidential to the administrators in that company.
To learn more about how a state association can customize a training path for users and customize employee record-keeping functionality, please contact Chris Hanson, Learning Management System Administrator at email@example.com.
Certified Employee Training Program (CETP)
The Certified Employee Training Program (CETP) is the premier safety training program of the propane industry. Whether you are a brand-new employee or a veteran member of the propane workforce, CETP provides critical education and compliance training to ensure the safe delivery, storage and use of propane. Learn more.
- CETP FAQ
- Policy Manual
- CETP Proctor FAQ
- CETP Proctor Certification Course: Interested in becoming a Proctor? Sign up to take the course.
- CETP Skills Evaluator Certification Course: Interested in becoming a Skills Evaluator? Sign up to take the course.
- Order Paper Exams from ITS
- PERC’s Resource Catalog: Order CETP books and materials.